Side Hustles for College Students
In today's time, students have more expenses than their parents had as students. There is not even a question on how expensive things have become nowadays. Majority of students living outside India work while studying however this is not a common practice in India. They work in cafes, restaurants and mostly in the food industry to pay back their study loans or to take care of their everyday expenses.
In this article, we shall bring light to some of the ways on how to earn money in India. The ways mentioned require less or no investment and hence, any student can implement the options easily whether studying at home or far from home.
● Blogging : If you love writing and are good at it, then this option is best suited for you. Who had ever thought that expressing yourself could be a good source of income? You just need to spend 1 to 2 hours a day using popular forums like
blogger, WordPress, etc. and you can not just make some extra money but can also make your own branding.
● Paid Internships : Internships are by far the best non-experience jobs for students. Not all internships pay, but many do give an appropriate amount for the efforts made by the interns. Many students find it challenging to get a paid internship but it can now be easier by searching on platforms like Internshala, LinkedIn, and Saksham’s website.
● Vlogging : Gone are the days when one needed expensive equipment's to do
vlogging. Now, all you might need is a smartphone or an affordable DSLR along with some knowledge of editing. However, these days you have apps that can do almost half the editing work. You can start your vlogging career with YouTube and earn money by posting related advertisements on your videos or through some sponsored content.
● Tutoring : You can help as an expert in subjects for secondary or senior secondary levels with each subject having its own sub branches. In this way you can help other students learn as well as make money. Nowadays, you don't even need to spend time searching for students. This has become easier with online platforms like Chegg, Vedantu, etc.
● Writer/ Author : You can earn money online by writing your novels on platforms like Wattpad, and publishing them as e-books. You can also get some amount of pre-orders so that your write-ups could be purchased. Thereafter, you can earn profit per e-book that’s been sold to the readers. You can even write content for companies and can earn from ₹200 to ₹500 per article depending upon the word count and type of article.
● Freelancing : This option can be a great answer to what you are looking for. It is very helpful in terms of time flexibility as one can work on his or her own wish. It is very helpful as all you have to do is register yourself on various platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, etc. It would be your own virtual workspace, where you can easily create your account for free and start earning money by performing gigs.
A student should always try new things. It not only helps to earn money but also enhances skills, improves personality and can help you build your career. For example; many people started writing content alongside their studies as a Side Hustle but ended up being a prominent author.
One can either choose to take a new experience or to do nothing. Trying out new things would include challenges but at the end of the day, it will all be worth it.