"Discipline is the key to achievement."
It refers to orderliness, which is essential for success in one’s life. Additionally, it demonstrates respect to physical and moral laws in society. Discipline is important in all stages of life and if implemented properly could be the formula for success. Students must learn discipline as early as possible in their lives.
School is the place where students get the first taste of discipline. School is the battleground that helps you build discipline and pushes you to strengthen it each day. When students learn discipline early in school, it offers them an enormous advantage over all peers as they get older.
It is rightly said that “Life without discipline is just like a ship without radar”.
Here's how discipline helps students become better every day:
1. Being focused- Someone with strong goals is more focused and always keeps his job on time in daily life whereas a person without discipline can’t keep his mind focused, and it will divert to various other things happening around him. An undisciplined mind is not able to complete its work on time. Therefore, discipline helps you stay focused on the task that you are doing and helps you complete your goals.
2. Discipline Shapes a Students’ Character and acts as a Motivating Factor- Discipline helps in shaping a student’s character as well as built a positive attitude towards their life.
There is no denying the fact that student's life is difficult. When students are disciplined, it helps them stay motivated and keeps that fire burning so that they can give their hundred percent to what they're doing.
3. Better Academic Performance and Time Management- As discipline help students focus on their goals, similarly it helps them focus on their studies. A more focused student tends to understand things better and ends up scoring more than a student who's not disciplined.
Time management is something that most students face problem with. Discipline reduces procrastination and the tasks are completed on time. Disciplined people have a particular time assigned for each of their daily activities, so, they always take out time for their family and hobbies which helps them to remain healthy, happy, and active.
4. Live a Stress-Free Life - Discipline helps in managing the work in a planned manner. So, when a student stays disciplined, it’s easier for them to remain on top of things, i.e., their studies and personal lives. A well-disciplined student does not face tension during exams or daily routine work. This is how discipline creates a Stress-Free environment in students' life and prevents them from falling into depression.
5. Be a role model for others - A disciplined student sets an example for others to follow. Discipline can make a person a 'role model' for their batchmates, siblings, or the further generations.
We all have heard about Dr. Abdul Kalam, Dhirubhai Ambani, M.S. Dhoni, and many other public figures who succeeded in life against all the odds. These people are a great example of how discipline can make a person build his empire from scratch.
It is never too late to start again. Wherever we are in life, we can be disciplined. Learning from our mistakes, creating goal plans, remaining positive, fighting unproductive urges, and surrounding ourselves with support can make us way more disciplined than we ever were.